Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feel

What does your day consist of? Email, work, subway, car, coffee, logging into facebook/twitter, wishing it were a Friday, paycheck, “whats for lunch”, who do I impress today, what do I do to compete and survive...the list goes on. There is constant thinking and planning. We don’t realize it, but we are tired. I read recently that man is evolving towards being more logical and less emotional. This is a scary thought. We are probably heading in a direction that is unnatural for us. We are forgetting to feel. Just feel.

I struggle with emotions and thoughts and don’t know what to do with them. I want to just stop and not even think, I just want to feel. Feel everything around me, and indulge. This inspired me to write this song. If it is something that makes you “feel”, note that it is special. Don’t forget to enjoy it. When was the last time you could afford to drop everything and just be? I encourage you to comment on this post on what is it that makes you “feel”. What is it that let’s you feel..

1 comment:

Aakarsh said...

I somehow relate a lot to your post, at not only the functional level but also at the existential level. So much that I have been terming this whole struggle.. the struggle with questions and the quest for quenching the thirst.. that which you tried to capture in your post.. I call it as "Existential Angst".Somehow, music is perhaps one of the few elements that calms down, or atleast aligns the whole struggle to a direction where a sense of calm(not to be confused with silence) prevails in all the restlessness. A calmness that points to restlessness and still assures that it is ok to be restless in order to drive towards a philosophical fulfillment. Perhaps I am not making sense now.Whatever, Liked your piece of music a lot. Continues to reverb, in moments of solitude and that matters the most, when you want the listener to 'Feel'.

Keep making some great music!